NY Democrat: Trump Should Pick Clinton As UN Ambassador

Sometimes you folks send me stuff that is just too easy.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) wants President-elect Donald J. Trump to nominate Hillary Clinton as U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Hey, it’s not like we have an election, where Clinton lost or anything (via The Hill):

President-elect Trump should consider her for the position,” said Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.), whose district includes Trump Tower in Manhattan. She added that Clinton “would make an excellent Ambassador to the United Nations.”Clinton “will never stop working,” Maloney said. “She will always make a difference and will always be a part of the dialogue in a positive way to advance the values of America.”

Full article: NY Democrat: Trump Should Pick Clinton As UN Ambassador – Matt Vespa

Show of hands: who immediately said, “Libya!” when you saw the headline?

Save

Advertisements

Mike Pence Responds To Hillary Camp’s Benghazi Heroes INSULT

Vice Presidential candidate Mike Pence didn’t respond well, Breitbart reports:

“This just came out today…when her staff was preparing her for testimony, an opening statement for the select committee on Benghazi, one of them actually mentioned in an email that she shouldn’t focus too much on the ‘four guys’ who were killed,” said Pence.

“Those were not four guys. Those were four American heroes,” Pence said to shouts of affirmation and applause.

“When she was questioned about the reason for the attacks she actually said of those four American heroes, she actually said, ‘What difference, at this point, does it make?’

He continued, “Let me tell you something, I’m a father of a United States Marine. Anybody who said that, anybody who did that, should be disqualified from ever serving as Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.”

“It was Hillary Clinton who left Americans in harm’s way in Benghazi,” Pence remarked to the New Hampshire crowd earlier in his address.

Clinton and her staff’s dismissiveness of these four heroes – who she was responsible for – is absolutely unforgivable.

Full article: Mike Pence Responds To Hillary Camp’s Benghazi Heroes INSULT | The Federalist Papers

More: Clinton Campaign: Let’s Not Overdo the Tributes to “The Four Guys” Killed in Benghazi

Save

Judge Orders New Benghazi Emails Released

U.S. District Judge William Dimitrouleas ruled that the State Department must release emails related to the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, by Sept. 13. That means even more potentially embarrassing information will dribble out weeks before the election, when American voters will be most engaged.

The material was included in almost 15,000 emails that the FBI reported this week had been recovered from files that Clinton deleted. The judge ordered the State Department to review the documents and identify those covered by the Freedom of Information Act request. The State Department must file a status report by Sept. 6 and turn over the documents a week later.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton, whose organization sued for the records, criticized Clinton for trying to erase the material.

“It is astonishing that Hillary Clinton tried to delete and hide Benghazi emails and documents,” he said in a prepared statement. “No wonder federal courts in Florida and [Washington] D.C. are ordering the State Department to stop stalling and begin releasing the 14,900 new Clinton emails.”

Full article: Judge Orders New Benghazi Emails Released | LifeZette

Save

Save

Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder Still Blocking the Truth

Like the current administration’s untruthful response to the Benghazi attack, the reasons for these Clinton-era clemencies were purely political and an obvious attempt to further Hillary Clinton’s political career. In 1999, Hillary was planning for her 2000 U.S. Senate run. Offering clemency to these individuals was designed to help her gain footing with New York’s Puerto Rican population of 3.5 million people.

However, Clinton and her team miscalculated. Instead of a quiet release and minimal fallout, (like they also hoped for with Benghazi), the terrorists did not immediately accept clemency and a firestorm erupted. The terrorists were allowed an astonishing 30 days to consider their release, as the FBI, Bureau of Prisons, and various law enforcement organizations condemned the offers. Forgotten victims and families like mine publicly demanded answers from the Clintons. The U.S. Senate passed a resolution of condemnation by a 95 -2 vote as media outlets hammered the administration.

Many of the same political figures you are hearing about in the scandals of today were involved back then; Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, and her former Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills, who, in 1999, wrote to congressional investigators to inform them that President Clinton would be asserting executive privilege in the inquiry into the FALN. Because of this executive privilege claim, none of the Justice Department or FBI officials testified at the congressional hearing at which we warned that releasing these terrorists would set a horrible precedent.

The questions from 1999 and 2013 are eerily similar: why did the executive branch obfuscate and refuse to explain the truth to the American people? In 1999, why did they misrepresent the facts regarding convicted terrorists whose organization killed five innocent Americans and maimed scores of others? In 2013, why did the administration misrepresent facts regarding terrorists who attacked an American consulate and killed four heroes?

It’s time America understands who Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, and Cheryl Mills really are: ruthless, unscrupulous political opportunists. I said in 1999, “It is painful to think that my father’s life was worth less to the president than his wife’s election.” I regrettably expect the families of the Benghazi victims are feeling a similar pain now.

Full article: Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder Still Blocking the Truth – Breitbart

Save

Benghazi Committee Releases Final Report

Benghazi Committee Releases Final Report (ABC News)

House Republicans on the Benghazi Select Committee released their long-awaited report this morning on the events surrounding the 2012 Libya terror attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

The report says there was intelligence leading up to the attacks that the diplomatic consulate and CIA annex there were not safe, and that top officials in the U.S. State Department, including Hillary Clinton and Under Secretary Patrick Kennedy , should have realized that.

It is also critical of top officials’ deliberations during the attack and the lack of troop mobilization as it unfolded.

In one detail revealed in the report, a U.S. military unit mobilized after the attack changed in and out of their uniforms and civilian outfits four times. The report also concluded that none of the military forces mobilized met required deployment timelines.

Clinton had planned to visit Libya in 2012, which were cancelled after the attacks, according to an email obtained by the committee.

Eighty new witness accounts, including nine eyewitnesses never interviewed before, will be included in this final congressional report on Benghazi. In all, the committee logged over 16,000 pages of transcripts.

The report refutes some findings of the previous investigations and focus on the fact that the administration initially blamed the attack on an anti-Muslim video.

“Benghazi, Libya, was a terrorist haven and so those folks who were involved in not protecting these Americans certainly should be held accountable,” committee member Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., told ABC News in an interview. “The folks who told a wolf tale, a lie in the aftermath of the attacks who told the American people a political tale about a YouTube video ought [to] also be accountable.”

The report described how officials, including Clinton, focused on the video in a high-level meeting the evening of the attack.

Democrats on the committee were not allowed to co-author this new report, but issued their own findings Monday: a 339-page report they say dispels “conspiracy theories” about the attack. In it, they quote former CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus, who testified to the committee he was still uncertain of what exactly motivated the attackers to storm the diplomatic compound.

Source: Benghazi Committee Releases Final Report – Yahoo

More: House Republicans’ Report Sheds New Light on Benghazi Attack

Benghazi Committee Releases Final Report, Slams Clinton

 

Save

Watchdog Accuses State Department of Slow-Rolling Release of Chelsea Clinton Emails

A watchdog group asked a federal court on Thursday to order the State Department to expedite its release of Chelsea Clinton-related records, arguing that at the current rate it would take the department 38 years to produce all the documents.

Citizens United has been suing the State Department to turn over correspondence between department officials and Chelsea Clinton, who used the pseudonym “Diane Reynolds” in many of her emails. It is also asking for emails between State Department officials and the Clinton family’s long-time aides Amitabh Desai, Justin Cooper, and Oscar Flores.

The D.C. district court ordered the State Department to release portions of the records to Citizens United on a rolling basis every four weeks, but did not specify an end date to complete the production.

On June 1, the State Department said it had found nearly 4,000 documents responsive to the Citizens United request, but over the past two months it has released just 17 of them.

“Thus, in the past two months, Defendant has produced only 17 documents out of a reported total of 3,924, and at a rate of only 127 pages per month,” said Citizens United in the motion to modify the production order on Thursday. “At this rate, it would take Defendant more than 38 years to complete production to Plaintiff.”

The group asked the court to “modify its order of April 19, 2016, to require that, in each subsequent four-week document production, Defendant review at least 2,000 pages of documents for production to Plaintiff, producing all non-exempt documents.”

Continue: Watchdog Says State Department Slow-Rolling Release of Documents

Save

State Department Belatedly Releases New Clinton Benghazi Documents

Judicial Watch announced today it has obtained new documents from the Department of State containing the telephone transcripts from the evening of September 11, 2012, in which then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton informs then-Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil that the deadly terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi “had nothing to do with the film.”  The documents include previously unreleased telephone transcripts with world leaders about the Benghazi attack.

Clinton’s admission to Kandil was first produced to the Select Committee on Benghazi on October 13, 2015 and publicized on the day of Mrs. Clinton’s testimony, October 22, but court filings in Judicial Watch litigation show that the record was only produced after two federal court judges ordered the State Department to produce more Benghazi-related records to Judicial Watch.  Similarly, Judicial Watch litigation also forced the release of the September 11, 2012 email in which Secretary of State Hillary Clinton informed her daughter by email that the attack had been staged by an “Al Qaeda-like group,” rather than as the result of “inflammatory material posted on the Internet,” as Mrs. Clinton had claimed in her official public statement one hour earlier.

The State Department previously told a federal court that the Kandil document wasn’t responsive to Judicial Watch’s request and resulting lawsuit (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:14-cv-01511)) seeking:

Any and all records concerning, regarding, or related to notes, updates, or reports created in response to the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. This request includes, but is not limited to, notes taken by then Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton or employees of the Office of the Secretary of State during the attack and its immediate aftermath.

But the State Department then produced this information last month to Judicial Watch.  The records, the State Department told the Court, were found among thousands of new Clinton State Department records supposedly only discovered in December, 2015 – again, two months after the key Kandil document was first produced to the Benghazi Committee.

Under court order, the State Department released 11 documents responsive to the Judicial Watch request with large blocks of information redacted. The documents also include phone conservations between Clinton and other foreign dignitaries and heads of state during the period of the deadly terrorist attack on the Benghazi consulate.

At 10:08 p.m. on September 11, Mrs. Clinton issued an official State Department press statement, approved by the White House, placing the blame for the attack on an Internet video:

Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.

Source: State Department Belatedly Releases New Clinton Benghazi Documents – Judicial Watch

Comments Off on State Department Belatedly Releases New Clinton Benghazi Documents Posted in Benghazi Tagged