But why, though?
What the creators of Millennial Day look like, probably. (Photo via Tumblr)
Two millennials’ attempt to battle negative millennial stereotypes not only reinforces millennial stereotypes — it will probably backfire and become a joke.
The leaders of the effort, James Goodnow and Ryan Avery, say they want to “stop fake news about millennials” because “Millennials are the biggest, most diverse generation in the nation. We’re also the most educated. We know human-caused climate change is real. We know why the Civil War started. We know what Aleppo is.” They call millennial stereotypes “alternative facts.”
Their answer to the stereotypes? Create a viral online petition to ask the White House and Congress to name June 19 as “National Millennial Day.”
Literally the most millennial response to a problem ever.
Full article: Oh no, millennials are petitioning to start “National Millennial Day” – Red Alert Politics
So… they want to fight the negative stereotypes about millennials…. by becoming the literal embodiment of those negative stereotypes?
One of the big ones is that millennials are very self absorbed. So…
I guess we could celebrate Millennial Day by taking 95,000 selfies that interfere with the lives and functions of everyone around us.
How about just trying to become functioning members of society? I don’t care how educated you think you are. If you can’t see beyond your own nose, you are of no use to society.
I’m sorry, wait a minute.
Tucker is right… men can’t naturally produce milk for a child. So no, there isn’t another “natural” way to feed a child other than breast milk.
Is there a problem with women who can’t produce milk to use formula? No, of course not! You feed your kid however the heck you have to feed your kid!
Is there a problem with letting dad feed the kid from a bottle? NO! Of course not! Please, by all means, mix up some formula or – God forbid – use a breast pump and fill a bottle with breast milk. It’s a wonderful way for a father to bond with his child.
But to insist that breast feeding isn’t natural? I’m sorry… but how the heck did our ancient ancestors survive then? The cavemen weren’t going to the corner store for formula and warming it up in the microwave. The milk a woman naturally produces in order to sustain the life of her child is always more natural than feeding the baby a powdered mixture of fake sustenance you bought from the grocery store. And just because a man can’t produce that milk doesn’t mean mom can’t bottle it so he can feed the kid, too! And just because everyone has to be empowered in a group think kind of manner and all that great stuff doesn’t mean dad should be forced to be the sole feeder of the kid, either! Feeding is a bonding experience with your baby! You should both be taking the opportunity to feed the baby!
Breast feeding is natural! Period! I don’t care what you read somewhere or how empowered you are. If you are too empowered to feed your kid, don’t have one! And if dad is so much of a beta male that he’s crying in his romper because he can’t naturally feed the baby, why are you breeding with him anyway?!
You people are a walking first world problem!!!
“Democratic lawmakers joined alt-left protesters who want to ban conservative news websites at a protest outside of the Federal Communications Commission, Thursday.
Rep. Barbara Lee (D. Calif.) told the crowd of protesters and antifa members to “stay woke” in fighting against FCC chairman Ajit Pai’s proposal to roll back Obama era net neutrality rules.
Politico Pro reported that four Democrats joined the protest, which included members of the alt-left groups who have targeted Pai and held protests in his neighborhood. Politico did not mention protesters wearing masks and identifying themselves as part of the antifa movement. They held signs advocating to ban news websites such as the Drudge Report and Breitbart.
“We must stay vigilant,” Lee said. “We must insist that our freedom of speech is preserved.”
Senators Ron Wyden (D., Ore.), Ed Markey (D., Mass.), and Rep. Jared Polis (D., Colo.) also “joined the activists” protesting Pai’s proposal, which would bring less regulation for Internet service providers.
The FCC voted 2-1 Thursday afternoon to begin the process of reversing net neutrality rules, including Title II, which subjected Internet companies to regulations on how they can manage traffic on their networks. The proposal will now be open to public comment for 90 days.
Politico mentioned Protect Our Internet as one of the groups that organized the FCC protest, but failed to mention the group’s ties to members of DisruptJ20 and antifa, which have been involved in violent protests against the presidential inauguration and conservative speakers on college campuses.”
Full article: Liberals now OPENLY calling for shutdown of conservative sites…like ours – Allen B. West – AllenBWest.com
“You have every right to protest and use your speech to counter someone else’s speech. What you don’t have a right to do is silence someone else by using violence or intimidation.”
If you haven’t delved into “The Rubin Report,” I highly suggest you spend some time. He’s a leftie, but he’s a good leftie. He interviews folks he doesn’t agree with, and somehow manages to not call them names, shout them down, or any of that crap. It’s a good, thought provoking channel.
Language warning for the video:
So this was big news here in NC today. Apparently, the driver of the truck was not charged with anything, and the news people had to hit the streets to find out how offended everyone was about it.
Previous local story on it here and here. Sadly, I can’t find the one from today when the interviewed one of the protesters after finding out the driver would not be charged.
Her issue was that apparently the cops didn’t come to make sure everyone was alright, they didn’t even try to get a plate number or anything. And she had a stream of semi-professionally worded insults for the driver who apparently didn’t care about the plight of the protesters.
- Did you care about the plight of the drivers? I mean, you were blocking a major roadway in a big city during the week. Those people were trying to get to work. Jobs they probably couldn’t afford to lose because you were protesting for higher pay at a job you didn’t go to so you could block traffic. Seriously, this truck had a trailer attached. That leads me to believe he was working. Durham is also a city known for medicine… how many of those people you stopped were on the way to chemo treatments, surgeries, and other medical procedures?
- You were out there protesting illegally. You didn’t have the proper permits, and the type of protest you were doing was illegal anyway. And you’re complaining the cops didn’t help? Sweetie, you’re lucky the cops didn’t cuff you. Protest in front of government offices and on the sidewalks like normal people. This is not winning hearts and minds.
- The guy did a slow roll through the group of protesters, giving them time to get out from the front of his truck (although they chose not to, instead trying to stop the truck – and there was no one behind them to “protect,” nor were they going to stop the truck with their bare hands if there was). He ran over no one. No one was hurt. That’s actually a method of driver training for pro drivers. I was trained when I worked for the armored car companies on how to slow roll through a riot to prevent the crowds from overturning the truck. I’m not saying he was trained this way, but it isn’t an unheard of tactic and was actually the best course of action for him at the time.
- What, exactly, was he going to be charged with? He slowed rolled his way through an illegal protest in the middle of the road. He didn’t hurt anyone. The only ones doing anything wrong were the folks blocking traffic.
- Why are we vilifying this driver? To hear them talk, this group was protesting for really good reasons and this horrible, evil driver ran them down in cold blood! Before I actually saw the video, I really thought this is what happened. It isn’t. Again, they were illegally blocking traffic. And you don’t need to block traffic to get your point across. Some of those people may support you, and you’re thanking them by putting their jobs at risk by keeping them there. And the driver didn’t run anyone over or hurt anyone. No media bias my behind.
I don’t like this. I don’t like it,” Sanders told The Huffington Post after speaking at a rally for Omaha mayoral candidate Heath Mello on Thursday night. “Obviously Ann Coulter’s outrageous ? to my mind, off the wall. But you know, people have a right to give their two cents-worth, give a speech, without fear of violence and intimidation.”
“To me, it’s a sign of intellectual weakness,” he said. “If you can’t ask Ann Coulter in a polite way questions which expose the weakness of her arguments, if all you can do is boo, or shut her down, or prevent her from coming, what does that tell the world?”
“What are you afraid of ? her ideas? Ask her the hard questions,” he concluded. “Confront her intellectually. Booing people down, or intimidating people, or shutting down events, I don’t think that that works in any way.”
Full article: Sanders Slams UC Berkeley’s Anti-Free Speech Zealots: ‘It’s A Sign Of Intellectual Weakness’ – Matt Vespa
You know you screwed up when even your savior of socialism makes more damn sense then you do and thinks you’re a weak little idiot.